Show others you aren’t gammon. You are an authentic and effective Ally.
In your professional life, what if you could:
- Effectively engage and empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities?
- Attract, develop and retain diverse, dynamic and high-performing talent?
- Lead with empathy and inclusion and create culturally safe workplaces and spaces?
BECOME AN ACCREDITED ALLY
$1,100+GST – includes access to the fully on-demand, online course, personalised assessment feedback, live online Q&A sessions and ongoing professional development. Read more about the course content, structure and commitments below.
Need help getting funded by your company? Click here to copy our pre-written funding request email template.
Self-funded? We offer interest-free payment plans and Indigenous scholarships. Submit your application via the form at the bottom of this page.
Become One Of Australia’s First Accredited Allies
In this self-paced, online accreditation program you will learn how to:
- Effectively engage, and develop meaningful professional relationships with, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations.
- Attract, develop, and retain Indigenous talent to create a dynamic, diverse, and high-performance workplace
- Safeguard brands against the reputational damage that can result from cultural misunderstandings
- Confidently lead discussions around sensitive issues of race, privilege and inequity, and resolve conflict, without fear of doing or saying the wrong thing
- Understand, develop, and champion a Reconciliation Action Plan that delivers positive change
- Transform feelings of blame, shame, and guilt into positive action for yourself and others
- Create culturally safe and inclusive workplaces and spaces
The comprehensive Evolve Ally Accreditation has been developed by Aboriginal Elder and Educator Aunty Munya Andrews and Award Winning Learning Designer and Facilitator Carla Rogers.
Together they provide:
- Authentic cultural knowledge;
- Decades of experience working successfully alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities; and
- Tried-and-tested Reconciliation, Allyship and Engagement frameworks that have been implemented in government departments and organisations throughout Australia.
Feedback from our Allies
“I am really enjoying the Ally Accreditation course and learning so much. I love the style of presentation. The reflection questions are excellent and I really enjoy the fact that this is something I am doing for myself. It’s allowing me time to consider my own understanding and practices at my centre and at TAFE not only in relation to Indigenous people but also people in general.”
- Approximately 16 hours of online, on-demand course content – you can complete the program where and when it suits you within an eight-week time frame.
- Modules on each of the course components including:
- A comprehensive and interactive educational video from Aunty Munya and Carla
- Critical reflection exercises to confirm understanding
- Final assessment project (1-2 hour time commitment)
You’ll also receive:
- A copy of Practical Reconciliation, the companion book to the Seven Steps™ framework, co-authored by Carla Rogers and Aunty Munya Andrews
- A copy of Journey Into Dreamtime, authored by Aunty Munya Andrews
- A library of resources including educational videos and recommended readings
- Critical, personalised feedback on your final assessment project
- Program Overview and Requirements
- Step 1: Practical Reconciliation and the R3 Communication Approach
- Step 2: Diversity, Identity and Stereotypes
- Step 3: Our Shared History and the Stolen Generation
- Step 4: Communication, Cultural Baggage and Unconscious Bias
- Step 5: Family and Kinship, Sorry Business and Cultural Leave
- Step 6: Closing the Gap and Privilege
- Step 7: Becoming an Ally to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Songlines Pathways®: Evolve’s Community Engagement Framework
- Acknowledgement of Country: How to conduct your own, authentic acknowledgement
On successful completion of the program, Evolve will provide:
- A complimentary year of Ally Accreditation status [usually $200 per year]
- A Certificate of Completion and Ongoing Dedication to Allyship and Reconciliation
- Digital Accreditation badges
- Inclusion in our Accredited Professionals Directory
- Access to bi-monthly live Q&A Sessions with Aunty Munya and Carla and access to recordings of previous sessions
You will be required to reaffirm your commitment annually through:
- Evidence of ongoing professional development including attending at least two Evolve online workshops per year (included in your yearly Accreditation fee)
- Payment of the yearly Accreditation fee (first year included, scholarships available)
Let’s start creating a kinder, more inclusive Australia!
*Talk to us about arranging a payment plan. We don’t charge interest or admin fees because we believe everyone should have access. Scholarships are available for people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. To enquire, complete the form below.
Questions about becoming an Accredited Ally?
Submit them below and a member of our team will be in touch.