Paid Facilitator Internship – In A Nutshell:
- Bi-annual intake in March/April and Sep/Oct each year
- Paid internships are only offered to people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who meet our selection criteria
- Part-time, self-paced, online training + 3 day in-person practicum
- On successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to apply for sub-contracting positions in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide
About The Opportunity:
Evolve Communities is Australia’s trusted authority for Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training and Ally Accreditation. Led by Aboriginal Elder, Aunty Munya Andrews and non-Indigenous learning designer and Ally, Carla Rogers, our goal is to inspire 10 million Allies to create a kinder, more inclusive Australia.
As Australian businesses return to their physical offices, demand for our in-person half-day and full-day workshops is on the rise. We need a pool of Facilitators available to help us meet demand.
This paid Internship is to train and accredit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to co-facilitate our workshops.
Our promise to our clients is a fun, friendly and inclusive learning experience where people feel safe to ask any question without fear of shame or blame. All of our communication, in-person and online, reflects our kind, professional and authentic ethos. Our job is to educate and inspire, not to judge. This doesn’t mean we shy away from hard yarns. When faced with a challenging question or comment, we teach, model and practice the 3Rs (Reflect, Relate, Reconcile). We do not tolerate disrespectful or abusive language or behaviour from any member of our team, partners or clients.
The right person for this opportunity will be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and will have the skills, passion, lived-experience and leadership required to share your culture and inspire Allyship. You’ll understand and respect the many years of thought and work that have gone into creating Evolve’s programs, resources and Intellectual Property, and be keen to support the Evolve approach with our clients and participants. You resonate with Evolve’s values of kindness, creativity and integrity (walking the talk). You’ll be open to learning and growing with the guidance of the Evolve team and Directors.
What You Will Need:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- Available to attend and deliver half-day and full day workshops in your nominated metropolitan area/region during business hours
- Willingness to travel interstate occasionally if required
- Willingness to share your culture with non-Indigenous people and to inspire Allyship
- Ability to model Allyship, mutual respect and appreciation of the importance of skilled non-Indigenous Allies to achieve Reconciliation in Australia – our workshops are delivered by an Indigenous and non-Indigenous facilitator team.
- Can contribute to safe learning spaces especially through Evolve’s ‘no blame/no shame’ ethos
- Will commit to ongoing Professional Development and be open to feedback and continuous reflection (by applying Evolve’s R3 Culture – Reflect, Relate, Reconcile)
- That you are not offering similar training programs and/or content to Evolve’s Reconciliation, Cultural Awareness and Allyship programs and not looking at developing a competing program in the future
- Previous teaching or training experience and the confidence to present training to executives, leadership teams and managers
- A sense of humour – we do invite people to ask any question!
What You’ll Love About the Role:
- You’ll be paid to undertake the training and, once accredited, there is potential to earn excellent sub-contracting rates as an Evolve facilitator.
- Join a purpose-driven team (on a casual basis), made up of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Allies, who prioritise people, relationships and learning
- You’ll be actively inspiring Allyship and helping to create a kinder, more inclusive Australia that celebrates First Nations people and wisdom